The concept of seafood is unique in itself as it comes with its own delights that are pretty much unparalleled in rest of the cuisines. Moreover, this particular kind of food is ruthlessly loaded with nutrients. These nutrients include protein and omega 3 salts which are considered healthy for your heart. Also, there is no less amount of flavor that can be associated with seafood. You can even fire up your grill and lend a touch of smoke to your seafood.
In this write-up, we are going to discuss shrimps loaded with the flavour of grill. We have worked out some top recipes centered around your grill and shrimp. So let us just sneak a peek at what those recipes are:
- Thai style Barbecue Shrimp
- Shrimp Scampi on a Grill
- Margarita Shrimp on a grill
- Basil Shrimp on a grill
- Marinated Shrimp on a grill
- Spiced Shrimp with Coconut and Lime on a grill
These recipes can be easily tried at the comfort of your home if you own a grill. We will make your efforts lesser with the following discussion about one of the listed recipes.
Marinated Shrimp on a grill
The time required:
This recipe essentially falls into the category of fairly easy recipes so there is not much of the work required here. Marinated Shrimp takes about 15 minutes in its preparation, about 6 minutes to cook and is usually ready for about 55 minutes which also includes the time of marinating.
The required ingredients:
Here is a small list of ingredients that must be kept ready in order to start working on the recipe:
- About 2 pounds worth of shrimp, fresh, deveined and peeled
- Some skewers
- ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar, preferably red wine
- ¼ cup full of tomato sauce
- A third of a cup full of olive oil
- 3 minced cloves of garlic
When you are ready with the items mentioned above, you may proceed with the cooking procedure.
The cooking process:
Although the cooking process is not much intricate, it is advisable that you stick to the steps that we have worked out for you:
- Grab a big bowl and bring together cayenne vinegar, tomato sauce, olive oil, and garlic. Stir them properly.
- Give a little tinge of seasoning with cayenne pepper, salt, and basil.
- Now throw in your shrimp into this bowl and mix the contents together.
- Cover the bowl and retire to the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Fire up your grill and let it idle at medium heat.
- Pass your skewers through the shrimp while discarding the remaining marinade.
- Dab your grill grates with some oil and transfer the shrimps over them.
- Allow the shrimps to spend about 2-3 minutes on the grill on each side. By the end of this time, opaqueness should be visible.
That’s it. Your recipe is ready.
While we may have discussed one of the stated recipes, we recommend that you go ahead and try all of them. Happy grilling!